With Shopify, you can start a fashion webstore and sell products within a few hours! Follow this step-by-step guide and learn how to sell clothes online on Shopify!
Gone are the days where you would have to be tech-savvy or hire a web developer to build an online store. Nowadays, you can start a fashion store, find products to sell, and find new customers within a matter of hours.
All you have to do is sign up to Shopify and create your own store! We will take you through the process – follow this step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Sign up to Shopify: The first thing you need to do is head to Shopify website and add your email address to start the 14-day free trial. It is worth noting that you will have to enter a brand name (store name) as well. If you haven’t chosen a name, you can try Shopify’s Business Name Generator.
- Step 2: Set up your goals: The next thing you should do is tell Shopify a little about yourself. Shopify will help you determine at what stage you are with your website. If you are just starting out, Shopify can offer you assistance with a business name, logo creation, finding products, webinars, and more.
- Step 3: Add products to your store: Once you have entered all the details required, you can start adding products. You can fill out as much information as you can and the categories available are Title & Description, Price, Image, Shipping, Inventory, and Organization.
- Step 4: Add a template to your store: Shopify offers lots of clothing websites templates. Choose one and customize it according to your taste and style.
- Step 5: Add your domain: You have 3 options – you can connect an existing domain, you can transfer your domain from third-party to Shopify or you can buy a new domain.
- Step 6: Activate the payment processor: This is the final step. You need to add payment providers that you want to your Shopify store. You can add Shopify Payments, PayPal Express Checkout, and others. In order to activate Shopify Payments, you need to enter some additional information such as business type, business address, personal details, product details, customer billing statement, and banking information.
You have completed the 6 steps and now you are ready to start running a fashion Shopify store! Good luck!
— Chayne Ashley (@Chayneashley) December 23, 2018